Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Putting the huff in huffy-puffy

So, the paralympics start on saturday.
That's right...the NEXT paralympics.
The (n+1) of the end of my paralympic career.
And then it dawned on me.....I think (n) was the last time that I actually did some exercise. Some paralympic-huffy-puffy

It was easy to fool myself that I was doing a little surreptitious-huffy-puffy, but it was all an illusion people. I coached a basketball team of big burly men. I yelled, they worked. Gosh we were tired at the end of practise.
Delusional-huffy-puffy

So, about a month ago, Melsy and I began walking to work together (I mean twice a week. I don't mean that it's taken us a month to get to work!). It sounded like a good idea.
Enforced-huffy-puffy.
However, Melsy has taken to getting herself a coffee on the way to my house. She offered me one too, but we both know that I need both hands for that propulsion thing.
So while she's doing some bevvy-huffy-puffy, I'm very clearly doing the sulky-huffy-puffy.

And then I thought about a personal trainer. Yep, that's a good idea.
Personal-huffy-puffy

Off I went to visit Matt.
Paid-huffy-puffy

So, I was doing a little bit of boxing, with resistance bands
Manly-huffy-puffy

And, I was sitting in my chair, with brakes on, next to a machine, to which the resistance bands were tied. I was hitting Matt's hands, and then he told me to do some cross-over punches.
Coordinated-huffy-puffy.

As I punched across my body, the resistance bands flicked and hurt both my ears.
Chopper-huffy-puffy

At that point, Matt ran over to his desk, and picked up a boxing helmet.

So, here's a picture for your brain:

- a tiny wheelchair chick
- tied to a machine
- holding rubber strips
(well, those sentences should get me some unusual people searching for stuff on google! How You doin'?)
- throwing ineffective punches
- whilst wearing a boxing helmet.
Nothing-for-the-cause-huffy-puffy!!

Cheers,
L

4 comments:

Megan said...

What happened to the rock-climbing huffy-puffy from the photo?

Unknown said...

Hahahhaa - helmet and gloves on whilst tied up...you would've looked like an Rtard.

nuffy-huffy-puffy?

Unknown said...

Megan: Staged-huffy-puffy

Dave: Hahahaha

Anonymous said...

Sounds like I should be going back to work and we can work 5 days a week, although Matt probably need Comedy hour.